The recommended IBM i development model is a Visual LANSA Slave to an IBM i Master System.
The reasons for this development model are:
- The primary target platform is IBM i.
- Development is primarily IBM i in-house.
- A change management system or a version control system third party tool is used on IBM i.
- This model can also be used for Windows development.
- Multiple partitions for staging
For details, see System Partition Definitions in the
- Task tracking and security
For details, refer to Task tracking in the .
- Repository Synchronization
For details, see Repository Synchronization in the
- Interfaces to third party tools for change management or version control.
- Separate build machine for Windows deployments, if deploying to Windows too.