In a Mixed Multi-Tier deployment, you will be using a Windows Web Server with an IBM i Application Data Server.
Following are some considerations for a Mixed Multi-Tier deployment model:
- The LANSA for the Web development environment is installed on the Data/Application Server along with LANSA for iSeries. The LANSA Repository (including the generated HTML) and your application data are installed on the Data/Application Server.
- The LANSA for the Web PC-based Administrator will only need to connect to the IBM i Data/Application Server.
- The Windows Web Server can be Microsoft IIS with the IIS Plug-in.
- A Visual LANSA system is not required on the Window Web Server. Only the IIS Plug-in needs to be installed on the Web Server.
- A Listener must be configured on the IBM i Data/Application Server for the communications link from the Windows Web Server.
- Refer to the LANSA for the Web Administrators Guide for set up instructions for Multi-Tier Deployment.