If your Visual LANSA System is connected to a LANSA for iSeries Master System, then the following rules will apply:
- All Task IDs will be created and maintained in the LANSA for iSeries Master System. (Refer to Working with Tasks in .)
- All partition and other task tracking settings are set up in the LANSA for iSeries Master System. (Refer to Task Tracking Settings in .)
- You must have task tracking turned on in the LANSA for iSeries Master System in order to ensure that all objects are properly tracked. Do not turn off task tracking in the Master System if you have Slave systems with active development. (Refer to Create, Review, Change or Delete Partition Definitions of the .)
- Task tracking must be used in Visual LANSA. It is a required parameter at logon. (Refer to Logon Parameters.)
- All user profile and Task ID information must be refreshed in the Slave System whenever a change is made to the LANSA for iSeries Master System. (Refer to Current Task List.)
- You must decide if Repository Synchronization will be used. (Refer to 6.3.1 Repository Synchronization Concepts and Task Tracking and Repository Synchronization.)
- You must be aware of the Task Tracking settings for Unlock Objects in Task Tracking when Set Special Task ID.
- When objects are exported from a Master system, they can be assigned a Task ID and a PC Name. (Refer to How to Export from the IBM i in the
- When objects are checked out for update from a Master system, they are assigned both a task ID and the PC Name of the PC they are checked out to.
- The partition security officer and partition owner has special authorities. (Refer to Special Authorities and Task Tracking.)