You may wish to enable LANSA RDML Object types to become LANSA RDMLX Object Types for the following reasons:
- To enable the object to interact with newly created RDMLX objects. For example, a Fully Enabled RDMLX Component may use all RDMLX Field Types and RDMLX Files.
- To enable the object to use the full RDMLX Language Features.
- RDMLX Fields include all field types except alphanumeric. Refer to Field Types in the for a list and details of the field types available.
- RDMLX Files may use any type of field in the Repository.
- RDMLX Functions may use any type of field or file in the Repository. RDMLX Functions must use *DIRECT.
- An RDMLX Component is identified as being
RDMLX Language features include:
. A component must be in order to use other RDMLX objects and the RDMLX Language features.
- use of intrinsic field methods
- use of function libraries
- use of expressions in many parameters and properties
- enhanced RDMLX command support such as assignment statements
- simplified RDML statements due to the removal of quotes.
- A WAM (Web Application Module) is always an RDMLX Component.