The following rules summarize repository synchronization for LANSA for iSeries and Visual LANSA:
- A fundamental part of repository synchronization is LANSA for iSeries. Without LANSA for iSeries, no propagations can occur.
- A Visual LANSA PC must be in a repository group or work group in order for its repository to receive any propagations. (Refer to 6.3.2 What Are Repository Groups?)
- Each Visual LANSA PC can be in only one repository group.
- A repository group contains only one Visual LANSA Repository, but could have many PCs listed if a server configuration is being used.
- When no work groups are defined, all propagations go to all repository groups. (Refer to 6.3.3 What are Work Groups?)
- A Visual LANSA PC can be in one or more work groups.
- The Host Monitor must be running on the repository gateway for changes to the current partition to be received. Propagations are queued on the iSeries until the Host Monitor is started in the appropriate partition.
- Changes to objects made by a developer using LANSA for iSeries are not automatically propagated, but can be manually propagated. (Refer to Propagating Objects from the IBM i.)
- Changes to objects made by a developer using Visual LANSA are automatically propagated when the change is checked in to the LANSA for iSeries Repository. (Refer to table below.)
- When LANSA messages are created, changed or deleted using LANSA for iSeries, they are not propagated to Visual LANSA.
- When LANSA messages are created, changed or deleted using Visual LANSA, they are propagated to LANSA for iSeries and other Visual LANSA Repositories.
- You can specify for each Visual LANSA partition how deleted objects are propagated. (Refer to 6.3.5 Synchronization Options in Visual LANSA.)
The following table summarizes how changes made to objects using the LANSA for iSeries development environment are propagated to Visual LANSA:
The following table summarizes how changes made to objects using the Visual LANSA development environment are propagated to LANSA for iSeries and other Visual LANSA Repositories:
* Developers can control how deleted objects are propagated.