Use this form to:
- View or change the due date, discount date and percent, prepayment activation date (if applicable), discount amount, and document status of individual transactions.
- Set a payment limit for an invoice, or clear all payment limits for invoices in a range.
- Change the status of groups of selected transactions, for ranges of vendors.
For complete instructions on using the Control Payments form, see Steps for applying payment controls.
Use this tab to
- Select single documents for a specific vendor
- Change the status of individual documents, as well as the due date, discount date, discount percent, and discount amount.
- Change the prepayment activation date for prepayments.
- Set a payment limit for a selected document.
For information on setting payment controls for a specific document, see Control Payments — single document.
Range Of Documents
Use this tab to change the status of a range of invoices, debit notes, credit notes, and prepayments for a range of vendors. For example, use Range Of Documents to hold all invoices for one vendor or for a vendor group.
You can also clear all payment limits for invoices in a specified range.
To control payments for a range of vendors, see Control Payments — range of documents.
Use Normal status to clear documents of any Forced or On Hold status you applied previously.
Date and discount changes are permanent
Changes to the due date, discount date, discount percent, and discount amount are permanent changes to the document. You would make them after renegotiating terms or if the original document was incorrect.
Invoices and debit notes that are assigned a Forced status will be paid in the next check run, unless:
- The payment amount of the check is outside the minimum and maximum amounts specified for the check run.
- The vendor bank does not match the batch bank, and you selected the vendor record option to Select Vendors With This Bank Code Only.
- The vendor currency does not match the vendor currency for the batch.
- There is a pending payment in an open batch for the same document.
Documents on hold
Documents assigned an On Hold status will not be paid in a system check run until the On Hold status is removed. (You can also place the vendor on hold using the Vendors form.)
- When you post invoice batches, Accounts Payable does not apply any matching prepayments if either the prepayment or the invoice has an On Hold status. In addition, it does not apply credit notes or debit notes if either the credit (or debit) note or the specified Apply-To document is on hold.
- When you post payment batches, prepayments are not applied to matching invoices if the invoice has an On Hold status.
To apply a prepayment, debit note, or credit note to a document you have put on hold, you first remove the On Hold status using the Control Payments form, then use an Apply Document transaction in Payment Entry to apply the prepayment, debit note, or credit note.
Before you start
- Post all invoice, payment, and adjustment batches so your vendor records are up to date.
- Print and review the Vendor Transactions report to see which payments you want to control.
- You may also choose Create Payment Batch, set your payment criteria, and print a Pre-Check Register to review payments.