Adjust a Document when Entering a Manual Check
- Because you enter an adjustment after you save a payment entry, you must select the Print Check option in order to make an adjustment in the Payment Entry form.
To adjust an invoice to which you are applying a manual check:
- Open Accounts Payable > A/P Transactions > Payment Entry.
- Display the batch and the payment you want to adjust.
- Select the Print Check option.
- Apply the payment
as usual, and then, to adjust an invoice you are paying:
- Select (highlight) the invoice you want to adjust on the detail grid.
- Click the Adjust button, and enter the adjustment details on the form that appears.
- Save the adjustment.
- Click Close to return to the Payment Entry form.
- Edit the payment once again to turn off the Print Check option and enter the number of the check you issued.