View Document History when Applying a Payment or a Credit Note
- These instructions assume you are working with the payment or credit note in the Payment Entry form. If you have not already done so, open Accounts Payable > A/P Transactions > Payment Entry. Then, select or create the payment batch and the payment entry.
To view the history of an invoice, credit note, or debit note while applying a payment or credit note:
- Select the document in the list on the Payment Entry form.
in the Apply column for the document line.
Double-click in the Apply column to change the selection from No to Yes, or from Yes to No.
- Click the History
The Document History form appears, providing information about each document that was previously applied to the selected invoice, credit note, or debit note.
The following information is displayed for each document:
- Transaction type
- Check/document number
- Transaction date
- Applied amount
- Transaction description
- Vendor number and name
- To see other columns or lines, click the arrows in the lower corners of the form, or use the scroll bars.
- You cannot change any of the information in this form.
- Click Close to return to the Payment Entry form.