- Important: Refer to IRS documentation for information on electronic filing requirements before you submit 1099s electronically.
For example, the IRS does not accept compressed files. If the resulting IRSTAX file is larger than 1.4 megabytes, you will have to submit a file that spans two or more diskettes.
To create an electronic file for your 1099 forms:
- Open Accounts Payable > A/P Periodic Processing > 1099 Electronic Filing.
- Complete the header, transmitter, and payer fields according to IRS requirements.
- Click Generate to produce the electronic file.
- Follow the instructions on FIRE system. Be sure to record for future reference the name that the IRS assigns to your file. You will need the name if you are required to submit a replacement file.
- When you have finished, click Close.