Remit-to locations are the addresses to which vendors want you to send payments. The remit-to address may be different from the address in the vendor record, for example, if the vendor address is just for ordering.
You use the Remit-To Locations form to add remit-to addresses for your vendors.
Primary remit-to locations
If you mark a remit-to location as the primary remit-to location (an option in the Remit-To Locations form), Accounts Payable will use this location as the default address on invoices and on vendor checks.
Accounts Payable can keep an almost unlimited number of remit-to addresses for your vendors, and you can choose the remit-to location to use when you are entering payments.
For each remit-to location, you can:
- Specify whether it is the primary location.
- Set the location to active or inactive.
- Specify the check language.
- Enter a remit-to address.
- Provide default entries for the vendor optional fields. If you use the remit-to location, these entries will override the optional field entries provided by the vendor record.
Specifying remit-to locations
When you add a remit-to location in the Remit-To Locations form, you assign a code that identifies the location. You then use the code to select the location during invoice or payment entry.
To add or change a remit-to address while entering an invoice or a payment
- Click the zoom button beside the Remit-To Location field.
- Choose another remit-to location code using the Finder, or enter an alternate address for this invoice only.
Customizing remit-to address information
You use the Optional Fields form to add extra fields to the Optional Fields tab of the Remit-To Locations form. (Optional fields are available if you purchased a separate license for the Transaction Analysis and Optional Field Creator package.)
If you set any remit-to location optional fields for automatic insertion, they appear on the tab, along with their default values.
You can accept or change the optional field values. If an optional field requires validation, you can select only a value that is assigned to the optional field in Common Services or, if the optional field allows it, you can leave the default value field blank.