You can enter invoices in A/P Invoice Entry that are either job-related invoices or not job-related. You cannot enter a mixed invoice.
To prevent the program from inserting a default distribution line, select None as the Distribute By option on the Invoicing tab of the Vendors form. If you do not select this option, you must delete the default distribution line from each invoice before you can enter a job-related invoice.
To enter a job-related invoice:
- On the Invoice Entry form, enter the vendor number and other header information as usual.
- Select the Job
Related option. (If the option is dimmed, delete the distribution line
in the detail grid on the form.)
Additional fields appear that let you enter job-related details. The field names are the Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 names (and their plural forms) that you specified on the P/M Options form. The program uses the default names, Contract, Project, and Category (and their plurals), respectively, unless you specified different names.
- For each detail,
indicate the contract,
affected by the transaction by entering information in the job-related
fields that appear.
Accounts Payable also displays (depending on the project type) the default billing type, A/R item number, unit of measure, General Ledger account, and unit cost from the contract in the following fields.
- In the Quantity field, enter the quantity of the resource (for the specified unit of measure) for which your vendor is billing.
- On the Options tab, Accounts Payable displays the optional fields you set up for the contract. Enter the optional codes you want to use for this invoice.
- Complete the rest of the tabs and fields as you would for any other invoice, credit note, or debit note.
- Click Add when you are finished.