Use this form to:
- Add, edit, and delete remit-to locations-- additional addresses to which you send payments and other correspondence to vendors.
- Look up the remit-to locations assigned to a vendor.
- Assign primary remit-to locations to be used on invoices from the vendor and printed on checks to the vendor.
- Specify the check language to use for each location.
- Provide default entries for remit-to location optional fields. If you use the location when entering invoices, the optional entries from the remit-to location record override the entries provided by the vendor record.
Restrictions on changing records
You can change all the information in a remit-to location except the remit-to code. If you need to change the code, you must add another record using the new code, then delete the record you no longer need.
You can change the language in which the amounts are printed on checks. If you want to change the language for other items on the check or advice form, you must change the check report.
Before you start
- Print the Remit-To Locations report.
- Print the Vendor List, including the information you want to change for the remit-to location.
- Make sure you want to add or change the remit-to information — not the vendor information.
To add, edit, or delete remit-to locations
To select an existing record, type its vendor number or choose the number from the Finder (click the Finder icon beside the Vendor Number field or press F5 with the cursor in the Vendor Number field). You can also use the navigation buttons to select the vendor.
The form displays the remit-to location code, the name of the location, and the address and zip or postal code in grid (or columnar) format.
To edit an existing remit-to code, select the location on the grid, then click Open.
To start a new record, click the New button.
To delete a location, select the location on the grid, then click the Delete button. If a message appears asking you to confirm the deletion, click Yes. (Note that you cannot delete a remit-to location, or set it inactive, if it is used in unposted documents.)
- Edit the existing record or add a new one on the form that opens.
Click Add or Save to keep any changes you make.
Click Close to leave without saving changes.
Click the links below for help on using the corresponding tabs:
Effects of changes
Inactive status — If you make a remit-to location inactive, you can no longer use it when adding an invoice. If you make a primary remit-to location inactive, make sure that you also turn off the primary remit-to location selection.
Optional fields — If you use Sage 300 ERP Transaction Analysis and Optional Field Creator, you can assign remit-to location optional fields to store additional information that you want to keep with remit-to location records.
You use the Optional Fields tab of the Remit-To Locations form to assign optional fields for particular remit-to locations. If you set any remit-to location optional fields for automatic insertion, they appear on the tab, along with their default values.
You can accept or change the optional field values. If an optional field requires validation, you can select only a value that is assigned to the optional field in Common Services or, if the optional field allows it, you can leave the default value field blank.
After changing remit-to locations
Print the Remit-To Locations report to check the new record information and to update your printed records.