Look Up Remit-to Locations for a Vendor
To display a list of remit-to locations for a vendor:
- Open Accounts Payable > Vendors > Remit-to Locations.
- Type the vendor
number or select it from the Finder beside the Vendor No. Field.
The Remit-To Locations columns display the remit-to location code, the name of the location, and the address and zip or postal code for each remit-to location record you have entered for the vendor.
the location from the list, then click:
- Open to open the record for editing.
- New to start a new remit-to location record for the vendor.
- Delete to delete the remit-to location record.
- Once you have displayed
a record, you can:
Enter its code or choose it from the Finder next to the Remit-To Code field.
Note that you cannot set the remit-to location inactive or delete it if there are unposted documents that use the location.
a new remit-to location
Click the "New" button
next to the Remit-To Code field.
When you open a record for editing or create a new record, you can enter special instructions and the tax group that applies to the remit-to location. This information appears as default entries when you select the remit-to location while adding invoices, credit notes, or debit notes for the vendor. (You change the information for a particular document.)
Enter its code, then click the Delete button. If a message appears asking you to confirm the deletion, click Yes. Skip the remaining steps in this section.
Note that you cannot delete a remit-to location if there are unposted documents that use the location.
- View remit-to locations for a different vendor Type a different vendor number or choose it from the Finder (click the Finder icon beside the Vendor Number field or press F5 with the insertion point in the Vendor Number field).
- Edit the location
- Click the tab you want to see. (Click the links shown above for descriptions of tabs.)
- Click Add or Save
to keep any changes you make.
Click Close to leave without saving changes.