Steps Involved in Using RAMP
You need to complete these steps:
1. Create a prototype of your application.
The prototype will evolve into the final application.
You need access to the subject matter expert at least during this stage.
2. Identify the 5250 screens in the existing application.
You use the newlook Designer for this.
Identify only entry point 5250 screens
Identify all 5250 screens that need to be modernized as well as significant fields
3. Record the 5250 entry point screens and snap them into the Framework.
The Framework needs to know how to access and display the screens.
4. Create the required Framework filters
Using powerful filters is the basis of reusing the 5250 screens in new modernized ways.
5. Optionally add new features making use of Windows functionality
For example you may want to add advanced screens for for instance email, video, graphing.
Deploy your application