- Post all open batches in the subledger that pertain to the period in question.
- If system security is turned on, you must be assigned to a user group authorized to reverse the type of transaction. Security authorizations include:
- Reverse Payments
- Reverse Bank Entries
- Reverse Customer Receipts
To reverse a transaction:
- Open Common Services > Bank Services > Bank Transactions > Reverse Transactions.
- Enter header information for the reversal, as follows:
you are reversing one transaction, identify it by filling in the
- Reason For Reversal
- Reversal Date
- If you know the Customer Number, Vendor Number, or Employee Number, enter it. (The field that appears on your screen depends on the source application.) Filling in this field is optional, but it may help you select the transaction more quickly.
- Use the Finder to
select the Check/Receipt No.,
Bank Entry Number.
The field that appears depends on the source application and the type
of document you are reversing.
Once you specify a payment, receipt, or bank entry, the program displays the date and the amount of the transaction.
To view the transaction in the original transaction entry form, click the Drilldown () button.
- Reverse Invoice
- If you are reversing
a range of transactions:
- Specify selection criteria
to identify the transactions to reverse.
Use the From and To fields to specify ranges of document numbers, dates, amounts, currencies, and vendors, customers, or employees. (The criteria you can specify depend on the source application.)
- Click the Go button () to list the transactions that meet the criteria.
- Use the grid, as follows,
to specify the transactions to reverse:
- Select a transaction on the grid, then double-click the Reverse column in that line to change the entry to Yes.
- If you are certain that you need to reverse all the transactions in the list, click Select All.
- If you want to change your selections all at once, click Go to refresh the list.
- Specify selection criteria to identify the transactions to reverse.
- Click Post to update the bank account balance, and send the reversal information to the subledger.