Reverse a Paycheck
- If system security is turned on, you must be assigned to a user group authorized to reverse payments.
To reverse a paycheck:
- Open Common Services > Bank Services > Bank Transactions > Reverse Transactions.
- Enter header information about the reversal in the following fields.
you are reversing one paycheck, identify it by filling in the following
- Reason For Reversal
- Reversal Date (Use caution when accepting or changing the reversal date!)
- If you know the Employee Number, enter it. (The field that appears on your screen depends on the source application.) Filling in this field is optional, but it may help you select the transaction more quickly.
- Use the Finder to
select the Check/Payment No.
- Once you specify a payment, the program displays the date and the amount of the transaction.
- To view the transaction in the original transaction entry form, click the Drilldown () button.
- Reverse Invoice
you are reversing a range of paychecks:
- Specify selection criteria
to identify the payments to reverse.
Use the From and To fields to specify ranges of document numbers, dates, amounts, currencies, and employees.
- Click the Go button () to list the payments that meet the criteria.
- Use the grid, as follows,
to specify the payments to reverse:
- If you are certain
that you need to reverse all the payments in the list, click Select All.
Otherwise, double-click in the Reverse column for each transaction you want to reverse to change the entry to Yes.
- If you want to change your selections all at once, click Go to refresh the list.
- If you are certain that you need to reverse all the payments in the list, click Select All.
- For each reversed transaction, as necessary, enter a reversal date or additional information in the fields provided. (Use caution when accepting or changing the reversal date.)
- Specify selection criteria to identify the payments to reverse.
- Click Post to update the bank account balance, and send the reversal information to your Payroll program.
In US or Canadian Payroll:
- Print the Payroll Register report to verify reversal entries.
- Make any changes required to generate the check correctly, and then post the check with the correct information.