Add a Bank Entry
You use the Bank Entry form to enter and post bank-related transactions, such as bank service charges or mortgage and loan payments.
You can open the Bank Entry form using the icon in the Bank Transactions folder or by clicking the Bank Entry button on the Reconcile Statements form.
To add a bank entry:
Note: Skip step 1 if you opened the Bank Entry form by clicking the Bank Entry button on the Reconcile Statements form.
- Open Common Services > Bank Services > Bank Transactions > Bank Entry.
header information for the bank entry.
- In the Entry Number field, accept the *** NEW *** entry.
- In the next field, type a description for the entry.
- In the Bank Code field, use the Finder select the code for the bank for which you are processing the entry. (This field is not available if the detail-entry grid includes a distribution. You must delete the distribution, first.)
- In the Bank Entry Type field, select Withdrawals (to record a payment or another type of withdrawal from the account) or Deposits.
- In the Payment Type field, specify the method of payment.
- If you selected Credit Card as the payment type, click the Zoom () button beside the Payment Type field, and then use the Credit Card form to enter details for the credit card.
- Use the calendar () button to select the bank entry date.
- If the Currency field is available and you need to change the currency for this entry, use the Finder to select the right code.
- Use the grid to enter
distribution details for the bank entry.
If the Bank Options form specifies a default distribution code, the grid automatically displays the first distribution detail. You can accept or edit the detail, or you can delete it by selecting the line, and then clicking Delete.
To create distribution details using a distribution set:
- In the Distribution Set field, type the distribution set code or use the Finder to select it.
- Click the Create Dist. button to add details to the grid.
- Edit the details, or add new details directly on the grid.
- Click Add (or Save).
To add details directly on the grid, click the grid, and then do one of the following:
- If you selected a blank line, type the distribution code or select it using the Finder, and then enter the remaining information for the detail.
- To start a new line, press Insert or tab through the end of the last line on the grid.
- To insert a new line in a particular location, highlight the line above the location, then press Insert.
To enter tax information for a selected detail, double-click the Taxable column in the distribution line, then click the Taxable column heading to open the Taxes form. (Click Close to return to the Bank Entry form.)
- Click Add (or Save).
- If this is a multicurrency entry and you want to view or override exchange rate information, click the Rates button. (Click Close to return to the Bank Entry form.)
- Click Post.
To edit details:
- Select the line you want to edit, then enter your changes on that line.
To delete details:
- Select the line you want to delete.
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- If you see a message asking you to confirm the deletion, click Yes.