Uninstall the Windows Software
Before you uninstall the NI-Serial software, you must remove the hardware information from your system, as described in Delete a Serial Interface.
To uninstall the NI-Serial software, complete the following steps:
- Select Start»Control Panel.
- On Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon. On Windows Vista, double-click the Programs and Features icon.
- Select National Instruments Software in the list and click the Change/Remove button on Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 or the Uninstall/Change button on Windows Vista.
- Select the software components you want to remove and click the Remove button. The uninstallation program removes all folders, utilites, and registry entries associated with the NI-Serial software.
- Shut down Windows, power off your computer, and physically remove the serial interfaces from your system.
The uninstallation program removes only items that the setup wizard installed. If you added anything to a directory that the setup wizard created, the uninstallation program does not delete that directory. You must remove any remaining components yourself.