Adding a Serial ENET Interface
LabVIEW RT users do not need to add serial ENET interfaces to their RT controllers. To use a serial ENET interface on your LabVIEW RT system, you simply configure it. Refer to Viewing Network Settings for instructions on viewing and configuring network settings for serial ENET interfaces.
To add a serial ENET interface on your Windows system, complete the following steps:
- Launch MAX.
- Right-click Devices and Interfaces and select Create New....
- In the Create New... dialog window, select Serial ENET Interface and click Finish.
- Follow the prompts in the Add Serial ENET Hardware Wizard to add your serial ENET interface.
If the PWR/RDY LED continues to alternate rapidly between red and yellow, the unit could not use DHCP to configure its network parameters. You need to use the NI Ethernet Device Configuration utility to configure your serial ENET interface. Refer to Configuring Network Settings for more information.
- When finished, select Restart Now to finish the serial ENET installation.
- After the computer has finished restarting, continue to Verify the Installation.