Testing and Debugging Motion Controllers
Use the Interactive configuration tree item in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) to test and debug your motion controller. Using the interactive panels, you can test a single axis or multiple axes based on parameters that you set.
Complete the following steps to test and debug the controller:
- Launch MAX.
- Expand Devices and Interfaces in the configuration tree.
- Expand NI–Motion Devices, and then expand the item for the appropriate motion device.
- Right-click Default xxxx Settings in the configuration tree.
- Click Initialize to download the current device settings to the controller.
- Expand Interactive in the configuration tree and select the appropriate subitem depending on how many axes you want to test.
- Click Start, and then review the status LEDs in the Main and/or Advanced tabs.