Adding Axes for the NI SoftMotion Controller
Complete the following steps to add an axis for the NI SoftMotion Controller:
- Launch Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).
- Expand Devices and Interfaces in the configuration tree.
- Expand NI–Motion Devices.
- Right-click the NI SoftMotion Controller item, and select Add Axis.
- Select the device you want to add as an axis, and then click Next.
- If desired, double-click in the Name column to change the name of the axis. You also can rename the axis in the configuration tree after you add it.
- Click Finish.
|Note The ID number you assign to the drive you are controlling with the NI SoftMotion Controller must be less than or equal to the number of axes activated.|