Testing Limit and Home Switches
Complete the following steps to test the limit and home switches:
- Disconnect power to the motors and drive. If you have a National Instruments nuDrive or MID drive, turn off the Enable switch.
- Launch Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).
- Expand Devices and Interfaces in the configuration tree.
- Expand NI–Motion Devices, and then select the item for the appropriate motion device.
- Click Initialize.
Note This step assumes that you have correctly configured the initialization settings. You configure limit and home switches on the Motion I/O tab.
- Ensure that the switches are correctly powered.
- Expand Interactive in the configuration tree and select 1-D Interactive.
- Move the motor manually until it hits the limit or home switch. When the limit or home switch is active, LEDs on the Main tab of the Interactive»1-D Interactive tab change from gray to red. As you move the motor away from the limit or home switches, these LEDs turn back to gray.
- Repeat these steps for each motor that is attached to limit or home switches.