F.66 2.0 Release Candidate 1
Released on December 27th, 2003
F.66.1 Release Notes
- Trying the LZMA compression method for your installer is recommended. It often gives a 20% better compression ratio.
- Modern UI 1.68: The setting to change the title size on the Welcome page and Finish page has been changed
F.66.2.1 Major Changes
- LZMA compression support. Added SetCompresssorDictSize.
- Modern UI 1.68: New settings for extra space for title and text on Welcome page and Finish page, improved handling of verbose settings, language file string for uninstaller reboot information, more
- Shell folders are now detected using shell API functions and not the registry. This is the recommended method by Microsoft. New constants have been added in the process ($FONTS, $SENDTO and more...). See section 4.2.3 for more details.
- Added LogicLib to distribution (easier conditional execution etc.)
- Added DirVerify and GetInstDirError to allow custom error checking when the installation directory is invalid or the drive does not have enough space
- Support for reading environmental variables at compile time: $%envVarName%
- Added /SD parameter for MessageBox. Allows to set default for silent installers.
- New conditional compilation options: !ifmacrodef and !ifmacrondef.
- New sections macros for mutually exclusive section selection
- Improved RTL support by adding WS_EX_RTLREADING wherever possible
F.66.2.2 Utilities and Plug-ins
- InstallOptions 2.3: Added new control type "Button", added new flag "NOTIFY", added new flag "NOWORDWRAP" for multi-line text boxes, reduced size down to 12K
- MakeNSISW: More options to set the compression method
- Zip2Exe 0.31: Fixed compression setting, LZMA compression support
- VPatch 2.1: Better error handling and exit code for GenPat