- The default format for bzr is now 2a. This format brings many
significant performance and size improvements. bzr can pull from
any existing repository into a 2a one, but can only transfer
from 2a into rich-root repositories. The Upgrade guide
has more information about this change. (Robert Collins)
- On Windows auto-detection of Putty’s plink.exe is disabled.
Default SSH client for Windows is paramiko. User still can force
usage of plink if explicitly set environment variable BZR_SSH=plink.
(#414743, Alexander Belchenko)
- bzr branch --switch can now switch the checkout in the current directory
to the newly created branch. (Lukáš Lalinský)
- Further tweaks to handling of bzr add messages about ignored files.
(Jason Spashett, #76616)
- Fetches were being requested in ‘groupcompress’ order, but weren’t
recombining the groups. Thus they would ‘fragment’ to get the correct
order, but not ‘recombine’ to actually benefit from it. Until we get
recombining to work, switching to ‘unordered’ fetches avoids the
fragmentation. (John Arbash Meinel, #402645)
- Fix a pycurl related test failure on karmic by recognizing an error
raised by newer versions of pycurl.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #306264)
- Fix a test failure on karmic by making a locale test more robust.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #413514)
- Fix IndexError printing CannotBindAddress errors.
(Martin Pool, #286871)
- Fix “Revision ... not present” errors when upgrading stacked branches,
or when doing fetches from a stacked source to a stacked target.
(Andrew Bennetts, #399140)
- bzr branch of 2a repositories over HTTP is much faster. bzr now
batches together small fetches from 2a repositories, rather than
fetching only a few hundred bytes at a time.
(Andrew Bennetts, #402657)
- A better description of the platform is shown in crash tracebacks, bzr
--version and bzr selftest.
(Martin Pool, #409137)
- bzr can now (again) capture crash data through the apport library,
so that a single human-readable file can be attached to bug reports.
This can be disabled by using -Dno_apport on the command line, or by
putting no_apport into the debug_flags section of
(Martin Pool, Robert Collins, #389328)
- bzr push locally on windows will no longer give a locking error with
dirstate based formats. (Robert Collins)
- bzr shelve and bzr unshelve now work on windows.
(Robert Collins, #305006)
- Commit of specific files no longer prevents using the iter_changes
codepath. On 2a repositories, commit of specific files should now be as
fast, or slightly faster, than a full commit. (Robert Collins)
- The internal core code that handles specific file operations like
bzr st FILENAME or bzr commit FILENAME has been changed to
include the parent directories if they have altered, and when a
directory stops being a directory its children are always included. This
fixes a number of causes for InconsistentDelta errors, and permits
faster commit of specific paths. (Robert Collins, #347649)
- New developer documentation for content filtering.
- bzrlib.shelf_ui has had the from_args convenience methods of its
classes changed to manage lock lifetime of the trees they open in a way
consistent with reader-exclusive locks. (Robert Collins, #305006)