- bzr now returns exit code 4 if an internal error occurred, and
3 if a normal error occurred. (Martin Pool)
- pull, merge and push will no longer silently correct some
repository index errors that occured as a result of the Weave disk format.
Instead the reconcile command needs to be run to correct those
problems if they exist (and it has been able to fix most such problems
since bzr 0.8). Some new problems have been identified during this release
and you should run bzr check once on every repository to see if you
need to reconcile. If you cannot pull or merge from a remote
repository due to mismatched parent errors - a symptom of index errors -
you should simply take a full copy of that remote repository to a clean
directory outside any local repositories, then run reconcile on it, and
finally pull from it locally. (And naturally email the repositories owner
to ask them to upgrade and run reconcile).
- New knitpack-experimental repository format. This is interoperable with
the dirstate-tags format but uses a smarter storage design that greatly
speeds up many operations, both local and remote. This new format can be
used as an option to the init, init-repository and upgrade
commands. (Robert Collins)
- For users of bzr-svn (and those testing the prototype subtree support) that
wish to try packs, a new knitpack-subtree-experimental format has also
been added. This is interoperable with the dirstate-subtrees format.
- New reconfigure command. (Aaron Bentley)
- New revert --forget-merges command, which removes the record of a pending
merge without affecting the working tree contents. (Martin Pool)
- New bzr_remote_path configuration variable allows finer control of
remote bzr locations than BZR_REMOTE_PATH environment variable.
- New launchpad-login command to tell Bazaar your Launchpad
user ID. This can then be used by other functions of the
Launchpad plugin. (James Henstridge)
- Commit in quiet mode is now slightly faster as the information to
output is no longer calculated. (Ian Clatworthy)
- Commit no longer checks for new text keys during insertion when the
revision id was deterministically unique. (Robert Collins)
- Committing a change which is not a merge and does not change the number of
files in the tree is faster by utilising the data about whether files are
changed to determine if the tree is unchanged rather than recalculating
it at the end of the commit process. (Robert Collins)
- Inventory serialisation no longer double-sha’s the content.
- Knit text reconstruction now avoids making copies of the lines list for
interim texts when building a single text. The new apply_delta method
on KnitContent aids this by allowing modification of the revision id
such objects represent. (Robert Collins)
- Pack indices are now partially parsed for specific key lookup using a
bisection approach. (Robert Collins)
- Partial commits are now approximately 40% faster by walking over the
unselected current tree more efficiently. (Robert Collins)
- XML inventory serialisation takes 20% less time while being stricter about
the contents. (Robert Collins)
- Graph heads() queries have been fixed to no longer access all history
unnecessarily. (Robert Collins)
- bzr+https:// smart server across https now supported.
(John Ferlito, Martin Pool, #128456)
- Mutt is now a supported mail client; set mail_client=mutt in your
bazaar.conf and send will use mutt. (Keir Mierle)
- New option -c/--change for merge command for cherrypicking
changes from one revision. (Alexander Belchenko, #141368)
- Show encodings, locale and list of plugins in the traceback message.
(Martin Pool, #63894)
- Experimental directory formats can now be marked with
experimental = True during registration. (Ian Clatworthy)
- New Bazaar in Five Minutes guide. (Matthew Revell)
- The hooks reference documentation is now converted to html as expected.
- Connection error reporting for the smart server has been fixed to
display a user friendly message instead of a traceback.
(Ian Clatworthy, #115601)
- Make sure to use O_BINARY when opening files to check their
sha1sum. (Alexander Belchenko, John Arbash Meinel, #153493)
- Fix a problem with Win32 handling of the executable bit.
(John Arbash Meinel, #149113)
- bzr+ssh:// and sftp:// URLs that do not specify ports explicitly
no longer assume that means port 22. This allows people using OpenSSH to
override the default port in their ~/.ssh/config if they wish. This
fixes a bug introduced in bzr 0.91. (Andrew Bennetts, #146715)
- Commands reporting exceptions can now be profiled and still have their
data correctly dumped to a file. For example, a bzr commit with
no changes still reports the operation as pointless but doing so no
longer throws away the profiling data if this command is run with
--lsprof-file callgrind.out.ci say. (Ian Clatworthy)
- Fallback to ftp when paramiko is not installed and sftp can’t be used for
tests/commands so that the test suite is still usable without
(Vincent Ladeuil, #59150)
- Fix commit ordering in corner case. (Aaron Bentley, #94975)
- Fix long standing bug in partial commit when there are renames
left in tree. (Robert Collins, #140419)
- Fix selftest semi-random noise during http related tests.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #140614)
- Fix typo in ftp.py making the reconnection fail on temporary errors.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #154259)
- Fix failing test by comparing real paths to cover the case where the TMPDIR
contains a symbolic link.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #141382).
- Fix log against smart server branches that don’t support tags.
(James Westby, #140615)
- Fix pycurl http implementation by defining error codes from
pycurl instead of relying on an old curl definition.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #147530)
- Fix ‘unprintable error’ message when displaying BzrCheckError and
some other exceptions on Python 2.5.
(Martin Pool, #144633)
- Fix Inventory.copy() and add test for it. (Jelmer Vernooij)
- Handles default value for ListOption in cmd_commit.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #140432)
- HttpServer and FtpServer need to be closed properly or a listening socket
will remain opened.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #140055)
- Monitor the .bzr directory created in the top level test
directory to detect leaking tests.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #147986)
- The basename, not the full path, is now used when checking whether
the profiling dump file begins with callgrind.out or not. This
fixes a bug reported by Aaron Bentley on IRC. (Ian Clatworthy)
- Trivial fix for invoking command reconfigure without arguments.
(Rob Weir, #141629)
- WorkingTree.rename_one will now raise an error if normalisation of the
new path causes bzr to be unable to access the file. (Robert Collins)
- Correctly detect a NoSuchFile when using a filezilla server. (Gary van der
- bzrlib.index.GraphIndex now requires a size parameter to the
constructor, for enabling bisection searches. (Robert Collins)
- CommitBuilder.record_entry_contents now requires the root entry of a
tree be supplied to it, previously failing to do so would trigger a
deprecation warning. (Robert Collins)
- KnitVersionedFile.add* will no longer cache added records even when
enable_cache() has been called - the caching feature is now exclusively for
reading existing data. (Robert Collins)
- ReadOnlyLockError is deprecated; LockFailed is usually more
appropriate. (Martin Pool)
- Removed bzrlib.transport.TransportLogger - please see the new
trace+ transport instead. (Robert Collins)
- Removed previously deprecated varargs interface to TestCase.run_bzr and
deprecated methods TestCase.capture and TestCase.run_bzr_captured.
- Removed previous deprecated basis_knit parameter to the
KnitVersionedFile constructor. (Robert Collins)
- Special purpose method TestCase.run_bzr_decode is moved to the test_non_ascii
class that needs it.
- The class bzrlib.repofmt.knitrepo.KnitRepository3 has been folded into
KnitRepository by parameters to the constructor. (Robert Collins)
- The VersionedFile interface now allows content checks to be bypassed
by supplying check_content=False. This saves nearly 30% of the minimum
cost to store a version of a file. (Robert Collins)
- Tree’s with bad state such as files with no length or sha will no longer
be silently accepted by the repository XML serialiser. To serialise
inventories without such data, pass working=True to write_inventory.
- VersionedFile.fix_parents has been removed as a harmful API.
VersionedFile.join will no longer accept different parents on either
side of a join - it will either ignore them, or error, depending on the
implementation. See notes when upgrading for more information.
- bzrlib.transport.Transport.put_file now returns the number of bytes
put by the method call, to allow avoiding stat-after-write or
housekeeping in callers. (Robert Collins)
- bzrlib.xml_serializer.Serializer is now responsible for checking that
mandatory attributes are present on serialisation and deserialisation.
This fixes some holes in API usage and allows better separation between
physical storage and object serialisation. (Robert Collins)
- New class bzrlib.errors.InternalBzrError which is just a convenient
shorthand for deriving from BzrError and setting internal_error = True.
- New method bzrlib.mutabletree.update_to_one_parent_via_delta for
moving the state of a parent tree to a new version via a delta rather than
a complete replacement tree. (Robert Collins)
- New method bzrlib.osutils.minimum_path_selection useful for removing
duplication from user input, when a user mentions both a path and an item
contained within that path. (Robert Collins)
- New method bzrlib.repository.Repository.is_write_locked useful for
determining if a repository is write locked. (Robert Collins)
- New method on bzrlib.tree.Tree path_content_summary provides a
tuple containing the key information about a path for commit processing
to complete. (Robert Collins)
- New method on xml serialisers, write_inventory_to_lines, which matches the
API used by knits for adding content. (Robert Collins)
- New module bzrlib.bisect_multi with generic multiple-bisection-at-once
logic, currently only available for byte-based lookup
(bisect_multi_bytes). (Robert Collins)
- New helper bzrlib.tuned_gzip.bytes_to_gzip which takes a byte string
and returns a gzipped version of the same. This is used to avoid a bunch
of api friction during adding of knit hunks. (Robert Collins)
- New parameter on bzrlib.transport.Transport.readv
adjust_for_latency which changes readv from returning strictly the
requested data to inserted return larger ranges and in forward read order
to reduce the effect of network latency. (Robert Collins)
- New parameter yield_parents on Inventory.iter_entries_by_dir which
causes the parents of a selected id to be returned recursively, so all the
paths from the root down to each element of selected_file_ids are
returned. (Robert Collins)
- Knit joining has been enhanced to support plain to annotated conversion
and annotated to plain conversion. (Ian Clatworthy)
- The CommitBuilder method record_entry_contents now returns summary
information about the effect of the commit on the repository. This tuple
contains an inventory delta item if the entry changed from the basis, and a
boolean indicating whether a new file graph node was recorded.
- The python path used in the Makefile can now be overridden.
(Andrew Bennetts, Ian Clatworthy)
- New transport implementation trace+ which is useful for testing,
logging activity taken to its _activity attribute. (Robert Collins)
- When running bzr commands within the test suite, internal exceptions are
not caught and reported in the usual way, but rather allowed to propagate
up and be visible to the test suite. A new API run_bzr_catch_user_errors
makes this behavior available to other users.
- New method TestCase.call_catch_warnings for testing methods that
raises a Python warning. (Martin Pool)