- The hard-coded built-in ignore rules have been removed. There are
now two rulesets which are enforced. A user global one in
~/.bazaar/ignore which will apply to every tree, and the tree
specific one ‘.bzrignore’.
~/.bazaar/ignore will be created if it does not exist, but with
a more conservative list than the old default.
This fixes bugs with default rules being enforced no matter what.
The old list of ignore rules from bzr is available by
running ‘bzr ignore –old-default-rules’.
(Robert Collins, Martin Pool, John Arbash Meinel)
- ‘branches.conf’ has been changed to ‘locations.conf’, since it can apply
to more locations than just branch locations.
- The revision specifier “revno:” is extended to accept the syntax
revno:N:branch. For example,
revno:42:http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.dev/ means revision 42 in
bzr.dev. (Matthieu Moy)
- Tests updates to ensure proper URL handling, UNICODE support, and
proper printing when the user’s terminal encoding cannot display
the path of a file that has been versioned.
bzr branch can take a target URL rather than only a local directory.
Branch.get_parent()/set_parent() now save a relative path if possible,
and normalize the parent based on root, allowing access across
different transports. (John Arbash Meinel, Wouter van Heyst, Martin Pool)
(Malone #48906, #42699, #40675, #5281, #3980, #36363, #43689,
- On Unix, detect terminal width using an ioctl not just $COLUMNS.
Use terminal width for single-line logs from bzr log --line and
pending-merge display. (Robert Widhopf-Fenk, Gustavo Niemeyer)
- On Windows, detect terminal width using GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo.
- Speedup improvement for ‘date:’-revision search. (Guillaume Pinot).
- Show the correct number of revisions pushed when pushing a new branch.
- ‘bzr selftest’ now shows a progress bar with the number of tests, and
progress made. ‘make check’ shows tests in -v mode, to be more useful
for the PQM status window. (Robert Collins).
When using a progress bar, failed tests are printed out, rather than
being overwritten by the progress bar until the suite finishes.
(John Arbash Meinel)
- ‘bzr selftest –benchmark’ will run a new benchmarking selftest.
‘bzr selftest –benchmark –lsprof-timed’ will use lsprofile to generate
profile data for the individual profiled calls, allowing for fine
grained analysis of performance.
(Robert Collins, Martin Pool).
- ‘bzr commit’ shows a progress bar. This is useful for commits over sftp
where commit can take an appreciable time. (Robert Collins)
- ‘bzr add’ is now less verbose in telling you what ignore globs were
matched by files being ignored. Instead it just tells you how many
were ignored (because you might reasonably be expecting none to be
ignored). ‘bzr add -v’ is unchanged and will report every ignored
file. (Robert Collins).
- ftp now has a test server if medusa is installed. As part of testing,
ftp support has been improved, including support for supplying a
non-standard port. (John Arbash Meinel).
- ‘bzr log –line’ shows the revision number, and uses only the
first line of the log message (#5162, Alexander Belchenko;
- ‘bzr status’ has had the –all option removed. The ‘bzr ls’ command
should be used to retrieve all versioned files. (Robert Collins)
- ‘bzr bundle OTHER/BRANCH’ will create a bundle which can be sent
over email, and applied on the other end, while maintaining ancestry.
This bundle can be applied with either ‘bzr merge’ or ‘bzr pull’,
the same way you would apply another branch.
(John Arbash Meinel, Aaron Bentley)
- ‘bzr whoami’ can now be used to set your identity from the command line,
for a branch or globally. (Robey Pointer)
- ‘bzr checkout’ now aliased to ‘bzr co’, and ‘bzr annotate’ to ‘bzr ann’.
- ‘bzr revert DIRECTORY’ now reverts the contents of the directory as well.
- ‘bzr get sftp://foo’ gives a better error when paramiko is not present.
Also updates things like ‘http+pycurl://’ if pycurl is not present.
(John Arbash Meinel) (Malone #47821, #52204)
- New env variable BZR_PROGRESS_BAR, sets the default progress bar type.
Can be set to ‘none’ or ‘dummy’ to disable the progress bar, ‘dots’ or
‘tty’ to create the respective type. (John Arbash Meinel, #42197, #51107)
- Improve the help text for ‘bzr diff’ to explain what various options do.
(John Arbash Meinel, #6391)
- ‘bzr uncommit -r 10’ now uncommits revisions 11.. rather than uncommitting
revision 10. This makes -r10 more in line with what other commands do.
‘bzr uncommit’ also now saves the pending merges of the revisions that
were removed. So it is safe to uncommit after a merge, fix something,
and commit again. (John Arbash Meinel, #32526, #31426)
- ‘bzr init’ now also works on remote locations.
(Wouter van Heyst, #48904)
- HTTP support has been updated. When using pycurl we now support
connection keep-alive, which reduces dns requests and round trips.
And for both urllib and pycurl we support multi-range requests,
which decreases the number of round-trips. Performance results for
bzr branch http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.dev/ indicate
http branching is now 2-3x faster, and bzr pull in an existing
branch is as much as 4x faster.
(Michael Ellerman, Johan Rydberg, John Arbash Meinel, #46768)
- Performance improvements for sftp. Branching and pulling are now up to
2x faster. Utilize paramiko.readv() support for async requests if it
is available (paramiko > 1.6) (John Arbash Meinel)
- Fix shadowed definition of TestLocationConfig that caused some
tests not to run.
(Erik Bågfors, Michael Ellerman, Martin Pool, #32587)
- Fix unnecessary requirement of sign-my-commits that it be run from
a working directory. (Martin Pool, Robert Collins)
- ‘bzr push location’ will only remember the push location if it succeeds
in connecting to the remote location. (John Arbash Meinel, #49742)
- ‘bzr revert’ no longer toggles the executable bit on win32
(John Arbash Meinel, #45010)
- Handle broken pipe under win32 correctly. (John Arbash Meinel)
- sftp tests now work correctly on win32 if you have a newer paramiko
(John Arbash Meinel)
- Cleanup win32 test suite, and general cleanup of places where
file handles were being held open. (John Arbash Meinel)
- When specifying filenames for ‘diff -r x..y’, the name of the file in the
working directory can be used, even if its name is different in both x
- File-ids containing single- or double-quotes are handled correctly by
push. (Aaron Bentley, #52227)
- Normalize unicode filenames to ensure cross-platform consistency.
(John Arbash Meinel, #43689)
- The argument parser can now handle ‘-‘ as an argument. Currently
no code interprets it specially (it is mostly handled as a file named
‘-‘). But plugins, and future operations can use it.
(John Arbash meinel, #50984)
- Bundles can properly read binary files with a plain ‘r’ in them.
(John Arbash Meinel, #51927)
- Tuning iter_entries() to be more efficient (John Arbash Meinel, #5444)
- Lots of win32 fixes (the test suite passes again).
(John Arbash Meinel, #50155)
- Handle openbsd returning None for sys.getfilesystemencoding() (#41183)
- Support ftp APPE (append) to allow Knits to be used over ftp (#42592)
- Removals are only committed if they match the filespec (or if there is
no filespec). (#46635, Aaron Bentley)
- smart-add recurses through all supplied directories
(John Arbash Meinel, #52578)
- Make the bundle reader extra lines before and after the bundle text.
This allows you to parse an email with the bundle inline.
(John Arbash Meinel, #49182)
- Change the file id generator to squash a little bit more. Helps when
working with long filenames on windows. (Also helps for unicode filenames
not generating hidden files). (John Arbash Meinel, #43801)
- Restore terminal mode on C-c while reading sftp password. (#48923,
Nicholas Allen, Martin Pool)
- Timestamps are rounded to 1ms, and revision entries can be recreated
exactly. (John Arbash Meinel, Jamie Wilkinson, #40693)
- Branch.base has changed to a URL, but ~/.bazaar/locations.conf should
use local paths, since it is user visible (John Arbash Meinel, #53653)
- bzr status foo when foo was unversioned used to cause a full delta
to be generated (John Arbash Meinel, #53638)
- When reading revision properties, an empty value should be considered
the empty string, not None (John Arbash Meinel, #47782)
- bzr diff --diff-options can now handle binary files being changed.
Also, the output is consistent when –diff-options is not supplied.
(John Arbash Meinel, #54651, #52930)
- Use the right suffixes for loading plugins (John Arbash Meinel, #51810)
- Fix Branch.get_parent() to handle the case when the parent is not
accessible (John Arbash Meinel, #52976)
- Combine the ignore rules into a single regex rather than looping over
them to reduce the threshold where N^2 behaviour occurs in operations
like status. (Jan Hudec, Robert Collins).
- Appending to bzrlib.DEFAULT_IGNORE is now deprecated. Instead, use
one of the add functions in bzrlib.ignores. (John Arbash Meinel)
- ‘bzr push’ should only push the ancestry of the current revision, not
all of the history in the repository. This is especially important for
shared repositories. (John Arbash Meinel)
- bzrlib.delta.compare_trees now iterates in alphabetically sorted order,
rather than randomly walking the inventories. (John Arbash Meinel)
- Doctests are now run in temporary directories which are cleaned up when
they finish, rather than using special ScratchDir/ScratchBranch objects.
- Split check into separate methods on the branch and on the repository,
so that it can be specialized in ways that are useful or efficient for
different formats. (Martin Pool, Robert Collins)
- Deprecate Repository.all_revision_ids; most methods don’t really need
the global revision graph but only that part leading up to a particular
revision. (Martin Pool, Robert Collins)
- Add a BzrDirFormat control_formats list which allows for control formats
that do not use ‘.bzr’ to store their data - i.e. ‘.svn’, ‘.hg’ etc.
(Robert Collins, Jelmer Vernooij).
- bzrlib.diff.external_diff can be redirected to any file-like object.
Uses subprocess instead of spawnvp.
(James Henstridge, John Arbash Meinel, #4047, #48914)
- New command line option ‘–profile-imports’, which will install a custom
importer to log time to import modules and regex compilation time to
sys.stderr (John Arbash Meinel)
- ‘EmptyTree’ is now deprecated, please use repository.revision_tree(None)
instead. (Robert Collins)
- “RevisionTree” is now in bzrlib/revisiontree.py. (Robert Collins)