- Dotted revision numbers have been revised. Instead of growing longer with
nested branches the branch number just increases. (eg instead of 184.108.40.206.1
we now report 1.2.1.) This helps scale long lived branches which have many
feature branches merged between them. (John Arbash Meinel)
- The syntax bzr diff branch1 branch2 is no longer supported.
Use bzr diff branch1 --new branch2 instead. This change has
been made to remove the ambiguity where branch2 is in fact a
specific file to diff within branch1.
- New option to use custom template-based formats in bzr version-info.
- diff ‘–using’ allows an external diff tool to be used for files.
- New “lca” merge-type for fast everyday merging that also supports
criss-cross merges. (Aaron Bentley)
- annotate now doesn’t require a working tree. (Lukáš Lalinský,
- branch and checkout can now use files from a working tree to
to speed up the process. For checkout, this requires the new
–files-from flag. (Aaron Bentley)
- bzr diff now sorts files in alphabetical order. (Aaron Bentley)
- bzr diff now works on branches without working trees. Tree-less
branches can also be compared to each other and to working trees using
the new diff options --old and --new. Diffing between branches,
with or without trees, now supports specific file filtering as well.
(Ian Clatworthy, #6700)
- bzr pack now orders revision texts in topological order, with newest
at the start of the file, promoting linear reads for bzr log and the
like. This partially fixes #154129. (Robert Collins)
- Merge directives now fetch prerequisites from the target branch if
needed. (Aaron Bentley)
- pycurl now handles digest authentication.
- reconfigure can now convert from repositories. (Aaron Bentley)
- -l is now a short form for --limit in log. (Matt Nordhoff)
- merge now warns when merge directives cause cherrypicks.
- split now supported, to enable splitting large trees into smaller
pieces. (Aaron Bentley)
- Avoid AttributeError when unlocking a pack repository when an error occurs.
(Martin Pool, #180208)
- Better handle short reads when processing multiple range requests.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #179368)
- build_tree acceleration uses the correct path when a file has been moved.
- commit now succeeds when a checkout and its master branch share a
repository. (Aaron Bentley, #177592)
- Fixed error reporting of unsupported timezone format in
log --timezone. (Lukáš Lalinský, #178722)
- Fixed Unicode encoding error in ignored when the output is
redirected to a pipe. (Lukáš Lalinský)
- Fix traceback when sending large response bodies over the smart protocol
on Windows. (Andrew Bennetts, #115781)
- Fix urlutils.relative_url for the case of two file:/// URLs
pointed to different logical drives on Windows.
(Alexander Belchenko, #90847)
- HTTP test servers are now compatible with the http protocol version 1.1.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #175524)
- _KnitParentsProvider.get_parent_map now handles requests for ghosts
correctly, instead of erroring or attributing incorrect parents to ghosts.
- merge --weave --uncommitted now works. (Aaron Bentley)
- pycurl authentication handling was broken and incomplete. Fix handling of
user:pass embedded in the urls.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #177643)
- Files inside non-directories are now handled like other conflict types.
(Aaron Bentley, #177390)
- reconfigure is able to convert trees into lightweight checkouts.
- Reduce lockdir timeout to 0 when running bzr serve. (Andrew Bennetts,
- Test that the old version_info_format functions still work, even
though they are deprecated. (John Arbash Meinel, ShenMaq, #177872)
- Transform failures no longer cause ImmortalLimbo errors (Aaron Bentley,
- uncommit works even when the commit messages of revisions to be
removed use characters not supported in the terminal encoding.
- When dumb http servers return whole files instead of the requested ranges,
read the remaining bytes by chunks to avoid overflowing network buffers.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #175886)
- Minor tweaks made to the bug tracker integration documentation.
- Reference material has now be moved out of the User Guide and added
to the User Reference. The User Reference has gained 4 sections as
a result: Authenication Settings, Configuration Settings, Conflicts
and Hooks. All help topics are now dumped into text format in the
doc/en/user-reference directory for those who like browsing that
information in their editor. (Ian Clatworthy)
- Using Bazaar with Launchpad tutorial added. (Ian Clatworthy)
- find_* methods available for BzrDirs, Branches and WorkingTrees.
- Help topics can now be loaded from files.
(Ian Clatworthy, Alexander Belchenko)
- get_parent_map now always provides tuples as its output. (Aaron Bentley)
- Parent Providers should now implement get_parent_map returning a
dictionary instead of get_parents returning a list.
Graph.get_parents is now deprecated. (John Arbash Meinel,
- Patience Diff now supports arbitrary python objects, as long as they
support hash(). (John Arbash Meinel)
- Reduce selftest overhead to establish test names by memoization.
- Modules can now customise their tests by defining a load_tests
attribute. pydoc bzrlib.tests.TestUtil.TestLoader.loadTestsFromModule
for the documentation on this attribute. (Robert Collins)
- New helper function bzrlib.tests.condition_id_re which helps
filter tests based on a regular expression search on the tests id.
- New helper function bzrlib.tests.condition_isinstance which helps
filter tests based on class. (Robert Collins)
- New helper function bzrlib.tests.exclude_suite_by_condition which
generalises the exclude_suite_by_re function. (Robert Collins)
- New helper function bzrlib.tests.filter_suite_by_condition which
generalises the filter_suite_by_re function. (Robert Collins)
- New helper method bzrlib.tests.exclude_tests_by_re which gives a new
TestSuite that does not contain tests from the input that matched a
regular expression. (Robert Collins)
- New helper method bzrlib.tests.randomize_suite which returns a
randomized copy of the input suite. (Robert Collins)
- New helper method bzrlib.tests.split_suite_by_re which splits a test
suite into two according to a regular expression. (Robert Collins)
- Parametrize all http tests for the transport implementations, the http
protocol versions (1.0 and 1.1) and the authentication schemes.
- The exclude_pattern and random_order parameters to the function
bzrlib.tests.filter_suite_by_re have been deprecated. (Robert Collins)
- The method bzrlib.tests.sort_suite_by_re has been deprecated. It is
replaced by the new helper methods added in this release. (Robert Collins)