- ‘merge’ now takes –uncommitted, to apply uncommitted changes from a
tree. (Aaron Bentley)
- ‘bzr add –file-ids-from’ can be used to specify another path to use
for creating file ids, rather than generating all new ones. Internally,
the ‘action’ passed to smart_add_tree() can return file_ids that
will be used, rather than having bzrlib generate new ones.
(John Arbash Meinel, #55781)
- bzr selftest --benchmark now allows a --cache-dir parameter.
This will cache some of the intermediate trees, and decrease the
setup time for benchmark tests. (John Arbash Meinel)
- Inverse forms are provided for all boolean options. For example,
–strict has –no-strict, –no-recurse has –recurse (Aaron Bentley)
- Serialize out Inventories directly, rather than using ElementTree.
Writing out a kernel sized inventory drops from 2s down to ~350ms.
(Robert Collins, John Arbash Meinel)
- Help diffutils 2.8.4 get along with binary tests (Marien Zwart: #57614)
- Change LockDir so that if the lock directory doesn’t exist when
lock_write() is called, an attempt will be made to create it.
(John Arbash Meinel, #56974)
- bzr uncommit preserves pending merges. (John Arbash Meinel, #57660)
- Active FTP transport now works as intended. (ghozzy, #56472)
- Really fix mutter() so that it won’t ever raise a UnicodeError.
It means it is possible for ~/.bzr.log to contain non UTF-8 characters.
But it is a debugging log, not a real user file.
(John Arbash Meinel, #56947, #53880)
- Change Command handle to allow Unicode command and options.
At present we cannot register Unicode command names, so we will get
BzrCommandError(‘unknown command’), or BzrCommandError(‘unknown option’)
But that is better than a UnicodeError + a traceback.
(John Arbash Meinel, #57123)
- Handle TZ=UTC properly when reading/writing revisions.
(John Arbash Meinel, #55783, #56290)
- Use GPG_TTY to allow gpg –cl to work with gpg-agent in a pipeline,
(passing text to sign in on stdin). (John Arbash Meinel, #54468)
- External diff does the right thing for binaries even in foreign
languages. (John Arbash Meinel, #56307)
- Testament handles more cases when content is unicode. Specific bug was
in handling of revision properties.
(John Arbash Meinel, Holger Krekel, #54723)
- The bzr selftest was failing on installed versions due to a bug in a new
test helper. (John Arbash Meinel, Robert Collins, #58057)
- bzrlib.cache_utf8 contains encode() and decode() functions
which can be used to cache the conversion between utf8 and Unicode.
Especially helpful for some of the knit annotation code, which has to
convert revision ids to utf8 to annotate lines in storage.
(John Arbash Meinel)
- setup.py now searches the filesystem to find all packages which
need to be installed. This should help make the life of packagers
easier. (John Arbash Meinel)