- Broader support of GNU Emacs mail clients. Set
mail_client=emacsclient in your bazaar.conf and send will pop the
bundle in a mail buffer according to the value of mail-user-agent
variable. (Xavier Maillard)
- Diff now handles revision specs like “branch:” and “submit:” more
efficiently. (Aaron Bentley, #202928)
- More friendly error given when attempt to start the smart server
on an address already in use. (Andrea Corbellini, #200575)
- Pull completes much faster when there is nothing to pull.
- Authentication.conf can define sections without password.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #199440)
- Avoid muttering every time a child update does not cause a progress bar
update. (John Arbash Meinel, #213771)
- Branch.reconcile() is now implemented. This allows bzr reconcile
to fix when a Branch has a non-canonical mainline history. bzr check
also detects this condition. (John Arbash Meinel, #177855)
- bzr log -r ..X bzr:// was failing, because it was getting a request
for revision_id=None which was not a string.
(John Arbash Meinel, #211661)
- bzr commit now works with Microsoft’s FTP service.
- Catch definitions outside sections in authentication.conf.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #217650)
- Conversion from non-rich-root to rich-root(-pack) updates inventory
sha1s, even when bundles are used. (Aaron Bentley, #181391)
- Conversion from non-rich-root to rich-root(-pack) works correctly even
though search keys are not topologically sorted. (Aaron Bentley)
- Conversion from non-rich-root to rich-root(-pack) works even when a
parent revision has a different root id. (Aaron Bentley, #177874)
- Disable strace testing until strace is fixed (see bug #103133) and emit a
warning when selftest ends to remind us of leaking tests.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #226769)
- Fetching all revisions from a repository does not cause pack collisions.
(Robert Collins, Aaron Bentley, #212908)
- Fix error about “attempt to add line-delta in non-delta knit”.
(Andrew Bennetts, #217701)
- Pushing a branch in “dirstate” format (Branch5) over bzr+ssh would break
if the remote server was < version 1.2. This was due to a bug in the
RemoteRepository.get_parent_map() fallback code.
(John Arbash Meinel, #214894)
- Remove leftover code in bzr_branch that inappropriately creates
a branch-name file in the branch control directory.
- Set SO_REUSEADDR on server sockets of bzr serve to avoid problems
rebinding the socket when starting the server a second time.
(John Arbash Meinel, Martin Pool, #164288)
- Severe performance degradation in fetching from knit repositories to
knits and packs due to parsing the entire revisions.kndx on every graph
walk iteration fixed by using the Repository.get_graph API. There was
another regression in knit => knit fetching which re-read the index for
every revision each side had in common.
(Robert Collins, John Arbash Meinel)
- When logging the changes to a particular file, there was a bug if there
were ghosts in the revision ancestry. (John Arbash Meinel, #209948)
- xs4all’s ftp server returns a temporary error when trying to list an
empty directory, rather than returning an empty list. Adding a
workaround so that we don’t get spurious failures.
(John Arbash Meinel, #215522)
- Expanded the User Guide to include new chapters on popular plugins and
integrating Bazaar into your environment. The Best practices chapter
was renamed to Miscellaneous topics as suggested by community
feedback as well. (Ian Clatworthy)
- Document outlining strategies for TortoiseBzr. (Mark Hammond)
- Improved the documentation on hooks. (Ian Clatworthy)
- Update authentication docs regarding ssh agents.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #183705)
- Add thread_name_suffix parameter to SmartTCPServer_for_testing, to
make it easy to identify which test spawned a thread with an unhandled
exception. (Andrew Bennetts)
- New --debugflag/-E option to bzr selftest for setting
options for debugging tests, these are complementary to the -D
options. The -Dselftest_debug global option has been replaced by the
-E=allow_debug option for selftest. (Andrew Bennetts)
- Parameterised test ids are preserved correctly to aid diagnosis of test
failures. (Robert Collins, Andrew Bennetts)
- selftest now accepts –starting-with <id> to load only the tests whose id
starts with the one specified. This greatly speeds up running the test
suite on a limited set of tests and can be used to run the tests for a
single module, a single class or even a single test. (Vincent Ladeuil)
- The test suite modules have been modified to define load_tests() instead
of test_suite(). That speeds up selective loading (via –load-list)
significantly and provides many examples on how to migrate (grep for
load_tests). (Vincent Ladeuil)
- Hooks.install_hook is now deprecated in favour of
Hooks.install_named_hook which adds a required name parameter, to
avoid having to call Hooks.name_hook. (Daniel Watkins)
- Implement xml8 serializer. (Aaron Bentley)
- New form @deprecated_method(deprecated_in(1, 5, 0)) for making
deprecation wrappers. (Martin Pool)
- Repository.revision_parents is now deprecated in favour of
Repository.get_parent_map([revid])[revid]. (Jelmer Vernooij)
- The Python assert statement is no longer used in Bazaar source, and
a test checks this. (Martin Pool)
- bzrlib.status.show_pending_merges requires the repository to be
locked by the caller. Callers should have been doing it anyway, but it
will now raise an exception if they do not. (John Arbash Meinel)
- Repository.get_data_stream, Repository.get_data_stream_for_search(),
Repository.item_keys_introduced_by() no longer take read locks.
- LockableFiles.get_utf8 and .get are deprecated, as a start
towards removing LockableFiles and .control_files entirely.
- Methods deprecated prior to 1.1 have been removed.