- A warning is now displayed when opening working trees in older
formats, to encourage people to upgrade to WorkingTreeFormat4.
- HTTP redirections are now taken into account when a branch (or a
bundle) is accessed for the first time. A message is issued at each
redirection to inform the user. In the past, http redirections were
silently followed for each request which significantly degraded the
performances. The http redirections are not followed anymore by
default, instead a RedirectRequested exception is raised. For bzrlib
users needing to follow http redirections anyway,
bzrlib.transport.do_catching_redirections provide an easy transition
- Added ReadLock.temporary_write_lock() to allow upgrading an OS read
lock to an OS write lock. Linux can do this without unlocking, Win32
needs to unlock in between. (John Arbash Meinel)
- New parameter recommend_upgrade to BzrDir.open_workingtree
to silence (when false) warnings about opening old formats.
- Fix minor performance regression with bzr-0.15 on pre-dirstate
trees. (We were reading the working inventory too many times).
(John Arbash Meinel)
- Remove Branch.get_transaction() in favour of a simple cache of
revision_history. Branch subclasses should override
_gen_revision_history rather than revision_history to make use of
this cache, and call _clear_revision_history_cache and
_cache_revision_history at appropriate times. (Andrew Bennetts)
- Take smtp_server from user config into account.
- Restore Unicode filename handling for versioned and unversioned files.
(John Arbash Meinel, #92608)
- Don’t fail during bzr commit if a file is marked removed, and
the containing directory is auto-removed. (John Arbash Meinel, #93681)
- bzr status FILENAME failed on Windows because of an uncommon
errno. (ERROR_DIRECTORY == 267 != ENOTDIR).
(Wouter van Heyst, John Arbash Meinel, #90819)
- bzr checkout source should create a local branch in the same
format as source. (John Arbash Meinel, #93854)
- bzr commit with a kind change was failing to update the
last-changed-revision for directories. The
InventoryDirectory._unchanged only looked at the parent_id and name,
ignoring the fact that the kind could have changed, too.
(John Arbash Meinel, #90111)
- bzr mv dir/subdir other was incorrectly updating files inside
the directory. So that there was a chance it would break commit,
etc. (John Arbash Meinel, #94037)
- Correctly handles mutiple permanent http redirections.