Editing Secure Shell Settings for X Window Sessions
When editing a Secure Shell-enabled Xstart profile, keep in mind that the changes you make to the configuration may be saved differently depending on whether you have associated a tunnel profile with the Xstart profile, and depending on how you make the changes.
To edit Secure Shell-enabled Xstart profiles:
- In the Xstart window, click the Open button and select the profile you want to edit.
- To edit the parameters saved in the Xstart profile, specify the new parameters in the Connection area. Bear in mind that, if you associated a tunnel profile with the Xstart profile you are editing, any changes you make to the Host, User ID and Password parameters are saved in your Xstart profile as overrides of the tunnel profile parameters.
- To configure Authentication Methods, click Settings. The Xstart Settings dialog box opens.
- On the Security page, click Properties. The Secure Shell Configuration dialog box opens.
- Click Config. The the Authentication Settings dialog box opens. See Authentication for further instruction.
- When you have made all of the required modifications, click the Save button in the main Xstart window.