Using a Remote SFTP Proxy Server
Because the FTP client and SFTP proxy communicate through TCP/IP, they can reside on different machines. For example, you can set up a single machine that is running the SFTP proxy server to be used as a gateway for all machines on the Local Area Network.
To configure Hummingbird FTP for a remote SFTP proxy:
- Follow all but the last step of the procedure for configuring an Secure Shell-enabled FTP profile. See Creating Secure Shell-Enabled FTP Profiles.
- On the Firewall/Proxy page of the FTP Site Property dialog box do the following:
- From the Firewall Type drop-down list, select Hummingbird CSS SFTP Proxy.
- In the Firewall Address box, type the IP/address of an SFTP proxy server’s listening interface.
- In the Port box, specify the port of the SFTP proxy server’s listening interface.
To configure third-party FTP clients for a remote SFTP proxy server:
See the procedure Configuring the FTP Client Connection.
|The SFTP proxy server must be configured to listen on an accessible listening interface comprised of a proper IP address or machine name (not localhost or the loopback address).