You can export certificates currently saved in the Hummingbird certificate store in order to distribute them to other machines. This is necessary if, for example, you generate a self-signed certificate for a user or for a host machine on the network, or if you want to connect to a host from a machine other than the one on which the certificate resides.
To export a certificate:
- Under Certificates, in the left pane of the console, click the certificate store from which you want to export a certificate.
- In the list pane, select the certificate you want to export.
- Click the Export button.
- In the Save As dialog box, use the Save In drop-down list to specify the target location for the certificate.
- In the File Name box, specify the certificate name.
- In the Save as Type box, specify the format to which you want to export the certificate:
- Hummingbird HCS Files (*.hks)—Exports the certificate to the Hummingbird certificate store file (my.hcs, ca.hcs, or root.hcs depending on the type of certificate).
- Base-64 Encoded X.509 (*.cer)—Exports a base-64-encoded, X.509-format certificate file.
- DER Encoded Binary X.509 (*.cer)—Exports a DER-encoded, binary X.509-format certificate file.
- Click Save As.