If an existing HostExplorer session profile contains settings that you would like to use for profiles that you create later, it is a good idea to save the profile as a template. Therefore, the settings saved in this template will determine the properties of new session profiles based on that template.
The Templates directory is a container for all templates and is, by default, located at the top level of Hummingbird Neighborhood. Any HostExplorer session profiles that are in this Templates directory can serve as templates for new profiles.
To create a template:
- In Hummingbird Neighborhood, right-click the HostExplorer session profile that you want to use as a template.
- Copy the profile, and then paste it in the Templates folder.
The session profile will be available as a template and will be listed in the Profile Type list of the New Profile dialog box.
To create a session profile based on a template:
- In Hummingbird Neighborhood, open the folder in which you want to store your new profile.
- On the file menu, click New HostExplorer Profile. The New Profile dialog box opens.
- In the Profile Type list, select the template file on which you want to base the new profile.
- In the Profile Name box, type a name for the new profile.
- Click OK.
The new session profile has inherited the properties of the specified template.