- Click the arrow for the field that contains the items of data that you want to filter.
- Select the check boxes for the items you want to display, and clear the check boxes for the items you want to hide.
- To display or hide all of the data for a field, select or clear the (All) check box. A shaded check box indicates that some of the lower-level items are hidden. To see which lower-level items are hidden, click the expand indicator beside the item with the shaded check box.
- When placed in the row, column, or detail area, a field always supports multiple selection. A field in the filter area can support either single or multiple selection. To switch from multiple to single selection, on the Filter and Group tab of the Commands and Options dialog box, clear the Allow selecting multiple items when in filter area check box.
- Right-click the cell that contains the value you want to display, and then click Filter By Selection on the shortcut menu.
- Select the field that has the values you want to filter.
- Click Commands and Options on the PivotTable list toolbar, and then click the Filter and Group tab.
- Set Display the to Top or Bottom.
- Set Items to a number in the list, or type the value you want.
- To show n number of items, clear the % check box. To show n% of items, select the % check box.
- Set Based on to a value in the list.
- When items in a field are hidden by an autofilter or a filter by selection, the arrow in the field label is blue. When items are hidden by a conditional filter, the filtered field displays a funnel image to the left of the arrow.
- When you apply a filter, the displayed totals are based on visible items only. You can change the setting to include hidden data.