Use this procedure to export a PivotTable list from your browser to Microsoft Excel as an interactive PivotTable report. The link between the Excel PivotTable report and the original source database is maintained.
For best results, either move all fields out of the detail area or hide detail data for items and cells before you export the PivotTable list to Excel.
- Click the PivotTable list.
- Click Export to Microsoft Excel on the toolbar in the PivotTable list to run or switch to Excel and display the data in a PivotTable report.
Note Because PivotTable reports in Excel cannot display some PivotTable list layouts and calculations, the PivotTable report might look different from the PivotTable list in the browser. For information about working with Excel PivotTable reports and adding fields to them, see Excel Help.
Use this procedure to copy a PivotTable list, or a part of it, as a noninteractive, formatted table in Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word.
- Do one of the following:
- To copy the entire PivotTable list, click the title bar of the PivotTable list.
- To copy a part of a PivotTable list, select the elements that you want to copy.
- On the toolbar in the PivotTable list, click Copy .
- Switch to Excel or Word, and click where you want the data from the PivotTable list to appear.
- Click Paste .
When you copy a PivotTable list, or a part of it, you are copying only the formatting and data values. No link is maintained between the copy in Excel or Word and the original source database.
You can copy part of a PivotTable list to other programs, such as Microsoft Access, as unformatted text.