- Click the row or column field for which you want to show or hide subtotals and grand totals.
- To show totals, on the toolbar in the PivotTable list, click the Subtotal button so that it is selected. To hide totals, click the button again.
- Subtotals and grand totals are not displayed for fields in the detail area (the area where all of the individual records can be displayed).
- When you choose to display them, subtotal and grand total values are displayed for every total field in the PivotTable list. You can't exclude individual total fields.
- Subtotal and grand total calculations can include or exclude items of data that are hidden by filtering.