Change the scale of the value axis
The scale specifies the range of values on an axis, the intervals at which the values occur, the way the axis values are displayed, and the point at which one axis crosses another.
- Click the value axis you want to change.
- On the Format menu, click Selected Axis, and then click the Scale tab.
- Select the options you want.
For Help on an option, click the question mark and then click the option.
- To flip the direction of bars or columns in a bar or column chart, select the Values in reverse order check box.
- If your chart values consist of large numbers, you can make the axis text shorter and more readable by changing the display unit of the axis. For example, if the chart values range from 1,000,000 to 50,000,000, you can display the numbers as 1 to 50 on the axis and show a label that indicates that the units express millions.