Move or copy part of a cell's contents into another cell
- Switch to the datasheet.
- Double-click the cell that contains the data you want to move or copy.
- In the cell, select the characters to move or copy.
- To move the selection, click Cut .
To copy the selection, click Copy .
- Double-click the cell to which you want to move or copy the data.
- In the cell, click where you want to paste the data.
- Click Paste .
- Press ENTER.
Note When you double-click a cell or press F2 to edit a cell, the arrow keys work only within that cell. To use the arrow keys to move to another cell, first press ENTER to complete the editing changes to the active cell.