Working with Layouts
HostExplorer lets you work with multiple sessions at one time. If you have a working environment that you use frequently (known as a layout), you may want to save it to a file so that you can re-use it later. For example, if you often work with four sessions placed at specific positions on the computer screen, you can save this working environment as a layout. The next time you open this layout, the four sessions appear in the same positions as they were in when you saved them.
To save a layout:
- Position and size your session windows so that they are ready to be saved as a layout.
- On the File menu of any session window, click Save Layout. The Save Layout dialog box opens.
- In the Selected Sessions area, select the sessions that you want to be saved in the layout.
- In the Folder area, navigate to the location in which you want to save the layout and select a folder.
- In the Layout Name box, type a name for the new layout.
- Click Save.
To open a layout:
Do one of the following:
- Open the Open Session dialog box from the Start menu or Hummingbird Neighborhood. Select the layout that you want to open and click Connect.
- On the File menu of a session window, click Open Layout.
HostExplorer launches the sessions of the layout in the same position and size as when they were saved.