Show or hide item properties
You can show item properties of row and column fields either in the report or as ScreenTips.
- Click the field whose custom properties you want to show or hide.
- On the toolbar in the PivotTable list, click Commands and Options , and then click the Item Properties tab.
- In the Item properties list, select the property for which you want to change settings.
- In the Display in list, select one of the following:
- Report To show the property caption and value next to the item names.
- ScreenTip To show the property caption and value as part of each item's ScreenTip.
- All To show the property caption and value in the report as well as in the ScreenTips.
- None To hide the property caption and its value.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each custom property of the selected field.
- If you choose to show the properties as ScreenTips, ensure that the ScreenTips check box on the Report tab in the Commands and Options dialog box is selected.
- You can change the order in which the custom properties are displayed in the report or ScreenTip.
- You can format the caption and value of a custom property. The format does not affect the property when displayed in a ScreenTip.
- Non-OLAP data sources do not support custom properties.