- If the title bar is displayed, click the title bar. Otherwise, press CTRL+A.
Note You can't display the title bar if the PivotTable list is not bound to a data source.
- To select a single cell, click it. To select a group of cells, click and drag the mouse pointer until all the cells you want are selected.
- Click the field label.
Note Selecting a row or column field also selects all of the items of data in the field.
- Click the field label. If detail data is displayed for several items so that the field label is displayed more than once, clicking one instance of the field label selects all instances.
- Click any field label for the total field.
- To select a single item, click the item label.
- To add more items to the selection, press and hold the CTRL key when clicking the item labels.
- To select a range of items, click the label of the first item, press SHIFT, and then click the label of the last item.
Note Selecting an item selects all of the data for that item.
- Click the subtotal or grand total.
Note Selecting a subtotal or grand total also selects all of the data for the subtotal or grand total.
- Click the row or column field, or one of its items.
- On the PivotTable list toolbar, click Commands and Options , and then click the Item Properties tab.
- In the Item properties list, select the property you want.
Note If the selected field does not have any custom properties, the Item properties list will be empty.
You can set the caption, number format, and display location settings for the selected property. The formats you select affect only the selected property.
- To set the font and style settings of a property, select Property caption or Property value from the Format list.
Note Font and text style settings that you apply to a custom property affect all custom properties in the PivotTable list, but only when they are displayed in the report. The formatting is ignored when the custom property is displayed in the ScreenTip.