Allow multiple selection in the filter area
You can specify whether the field in the filter area will allow single or multiple selection. In single-selection mode, selecting an item automatically clears the previous selection. In multiple-selection mode, when you select an item, previously selected items remain selected.
- Select the field in the filter area for which you want to change the setting.
- On the PivotTable list toolbar, click Commands and Options , and then click the Filter and Group tab.
- Select or clear the Allow selecting multiple items when in filter area check box.
- By default, multiple selection is enabled.
- This setting applies only when the field is in the filter area. If you move the field to a row, column, or detail area, the field will always support multiple selection.