Display tips and messages through the Office Assistant
Some of the content in this topic may not be applicable to some languages.
Do one or both of the following:
- Click the Office Assistant.
If the Assistant isn't visible, click Show the Office Assistant on the Help menu.
- In the Office Assistant balloon, click Options.
If the Office Assistant balloon isn't visible, click the Assistant.
- Do one or all of the following:
- On the Options tab, select or clear the Guess Help topics check box.
- On the Options tab, select or clear the Display alerts check box.
- On the Options tab, select or clear the options you want under Show tips about.
To reset the order in which tips display so that tips you have seen can appear again, click Reset my tips.
A tip is available when a yellow light bulb appears next to the Office Assistant.
- Click the light bulb to see the tip.
- If the Assistant is hidden when a tip is available, the Microsoft Program Name Help button shows a light bulb. Click to see the tip.
Note When the Assistant displays a Microsoft Outlook reminder, it can't display a tip at the same time. Click a button in the reminder to close it, and then the tip will appear.
Note Not all languages support all features of the Office Assistant.