Naming Channels, Tasks, and Scales
Use the following guidelines to name your channels, tasks, and scales:
- Use any alphanumeric characters.
- Do not use nonalphanumeric characters with the following exceptions:
- In NI-DAQmx 7.4 or later, dashes are allowed in channel, task, and scale names.
- Spaces are allowed.
- You can use underscores within the channel, task, or scale name, but you cannot use leading underscores, such as _Dev1.
|Note You can use other nonalphanumeric characters when creating channels, tasks, and scales, but exporting that configuration to another system might not work correctly, especially if the operating system is in a different language.|
- You must use no more than 256 characters.