Timing and Triggering with NI-DAQmx Simulated Devices
With NI-DAQmx simulated devices, the following timing and triggering considerations exist:
- NI-DAQmx simulated devices simulate timing for continuous analog input, digital input, and all output tasks. Timing is not simulated for counter tasks.
- NI-DAQmx simulated devices do not cause a timed loop to execute.
- NI-DAQmx simulated devices support software events. However, events that rely on the hardware, such as a sample clock event, are not supported.
- Triggers always occur immediately.
- Watchdog timers do not expire.