For a standard installation, components include:
- The SQL Server relational database engine.
- System databases used to store system level information such as login and configuration settings and for use as database templates.
- The pubs and Northwind sample databases, provided as learning tools.
- Stored procedures, a recompiled collection of Transact-SQL statements.
- Interactive management tools used for administering SQL Server.
- SQL Server Books Online, the complete documentation for SQL Server 2000.