This application is based on the JAVA programming language. To effectively run this program, the computer must have JRE6 installed.
- Corrected HEX file reading error.
- New settings dialog box.
- Able to set the communication timeout.
- Able to filter USB devices based on the VID and PID.
- Stop uploads safely.
- USB Drivers
- Placed the USB drivers needed for the application under the <install directory>/Microchip/Utilities/USB Drivers/MPLABComm
- Using version 2 of the WindowUSB drivers.
- USB INF file
- Placed the USB drivers needed for the application under the <install directory>/Microchip/Utilities/USB Drivers/MPLABComm/Windows
- The INF file name has been changed to MPLABCommWinUSB.inf
- Serial Libraries
- The serial libraries have been placed in their own directory <install directory>/microchip/graphics/bin/memory_programmer/Serial Drivers
- The correct serial driver will be copied into the same directory as the memory_programmer JAR file
- It is important that the serial driver directory be in the same directory as the memory_programmer JAR file.
- Support for 64-bit Windows 7
Initial JAVA version
- Multi-communication support
- USB - uses the same drivers as MPLAB X
- Serial - uses the rxtx JAVA serial libraries (rxtx.org)
- Binary file transfer - The HEX file is converted into binary packets
- Communication protocol - header with checksum and ACK/NACK response
- File upload verification
- Drag and drop of the HEX file
- Progress bar with status
- Using serial communication on the Mac OS X may be slower than running on a Windows machine. It is recommended that USB communication medium be used.