The binary packets use commands to instruct the device what actions are required.
The following commands are supported by the External Memory Programmer
- ECHO - A zero payload command. Used to establish communication with a device.
- MEMORY ERASE - requesting that the memory be prepared to be written to.
- MEMORY WRITE - write the data in the payload to a memory section
- MAX PAYLOAD SIZE - requesting the maximum payload size accepted by the device
- MEMORY VERIFY - requesting a checksum over a memory range
- DONE - all memory programming and verifying are done