Selecting an Acquisition Source
Use the Select Acquisition Source step to select the device to use for an acquisition. Based on the type of device you choose to work with at this step, the settings and options available during the Configure Acquisition Settings step will vary. Complete the following steps to choose a device to use for an acquisition:
- Select a device from the list of available devices in the Acquisition Sources control.
- Click the Acquire Single Image button to acquire a single image, or click the Acquire Continuous Images button to acquire images from the selected acquisition device. Use the Zoom to Fit, Zoom 1:1, Zoom In, and Zoom Out controls to adjust the zoom on the acquired image.
- Click Next.
Acquiring from a Remote Target
The NI Vision Acquisition Express Wizard allows you to acquire images from remote devices. Complete the following steps to configure an acquisition on a remote target.
- Launch LabVIEW and create a new project.
Note To add a remote target to the project, you must have the LabVIEW Real-Time Module installed on your computer.
- Add a remote target to project. Refer to the LabVIEW Help for information about adding RT targets to a LabVIEW project.
- Right-click the target. Select New»VI. This will open a new VI and add it under the remote target to the project.
- Right-click the block diagram of the new VI to display the Functions Palette. Select Vision and Motion»Vision Express»Vision Acquisition Express VI and drag it to the block diagram.
- This will launch the NI Vision Acquisition Express Wizard.
- All the devices connected to the remote target will appear in the list of devices in the Acquisition Sources control on the NI Vision Acquisition Express Wizard.
- Select your device from the list of available devices in the Acquisition Sources control.
- Click Next.